We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, Woodstock, GA has it all! Residents in this City Unexpected have access to a vibrant entertainment district with a variety of dining options, frequent live entertainment, and boutique shopping. If you live in one of our downtown Woodstock new construction homes, you can walk to all of these establishments and more, including the Elm Street Cultural Arts Village, which puts on live performances such as plays, comedy shows, and music.
Residents in our newest development, Westown, will be able to enjoy all of the serenity of a quiet, tucked away suburban neighborhood while still living just steps away from the city center. But Woodstock, GA is more than its big city entertainment with a small town feel. In December 2019, Blue Ridge Outdoors named the city a Top Adventure Town, and Woodstock’s close proximity (just six and a half miles from our new homes in Westown) to Lake Allatoona is a major selling point.
Five Ways to Play at the Lake Near Your New Home
1. Rent a boat – Whether you’re looking to get a little exercise in a kayak or take in the sun from a pontoon boat, Lake Allatoona has the right rental. There are three marinas – and a couple private companies for kayaks – that rent it all from fishing boats to those that can even accommodate overnight stays.
2. Have a Picnic – Lake Allatoona has more than a dozen day-use parks along its shore, nearly all with picnic tables. Pack a lunch (in your perfect new kitchen), and enjoy it with a lake view. Parks near the lake have everything from playgrounds to swimming beaches, so check out this website to find the right one for you.
3. Go Fishing – In addition to scenic picnic spots, some of Lake Allatoona’s parks also offer fishing access. Living in Woodstock, so close to the lake, means you can enjoy an afternoon of fishing more frequently than life usually allows.
4. Take a Hike – Surrounded on three sides by the lake, Red Top Mountain State Park offers more than 15 miles of peaceful hiking trails with scenic views of the lake’s shoreline. Woodstock offers so many opportunities to run, walk, and bike, (many just right outside your doorstep at Westown), and a short drive to Red Top Mountain opens up even more opportunities
5. Camp – Get away from it all and go on an adventure vacation – 15 minutes from home! If you’re new to camping and looking for a low-key way to ease into it, there’s nothing lower pressure than a beautiful lake-side camp site just a short drive from all the comforts of your own new home. If you’re an experienced outdoorsman, imagine living so close to so many opportunities!
At Rezide Properties, our goal is for all of our homeowners to just live better. Whether it’s a nice dinner with live music at one of downtown Woodstock’s fabulous restaurants or a day (or two) away in nature at Lake Allatoona, we believe this city has it all, and life in a Rezide home is even better. Give us a call at 404-448-2005 to learn more about our downtown Woodstock new construction homes.